Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mr. Long Name

Hello, my name is Tracie and I'm an online dater. (Hi, Tracie) Occasionally, I come across some really strange people. Now that my blogging class is officially over, I thought I'd start adding these strange encounters I have with men online.

A couple of days ago I met a guy from Chicago (my hometown) online. I thought he was still in Chicago because the location on his profile said so. After going back and forth with him with notes and messages, and finding out he was in Atlanta, we had a one on one chat. I told him my name, Tracie, and he wrote, "My name is long." I asked, "Your name is Long?" He said, "No, my name has a nice length - I have a long name."

Uhmmmm, okay.
I asked him, "So do you think I won't be able to pronounce it?" He changed the subject, we kept talking, and I kind of forgot all about it. He asked for my number and when he called I remembered that I still didn't know his name. I asked if he was ever gonna tell me, and he said, "Well, my short name is Darnell." Huh? WTF?

I mean, who says, "My short name is...?" You just tell people your name and then say, "...but people call me..." right? I don't care if your name is Boobootayrammalammadingdong, when people ask for your name, you tell them your whole name, and then you tell them, "...but people call me Boo."

Just a word of advice for all you long-named guys out there: give women the benefit of the doubt. We can pronounce all kinds of coffee drinks, weave types, clothing and shoe designers; I'm sure we can pronounce your effed up name too. GEEZ!

This is why I only date during break. These jacked up dudes aren't gonna be messing with my mind during school.

7 comments:

John "JP" Pickens said...

SCRUUUUUUUUUUUZE ME. Iz u datin AND bloggin bout it? hmpf. Im takin yo hoodie back to the sto.

I'm fillin out the papers right now, I want HALF.

Tracie Mae said...

NOOOOOO!!! I want my hoodie! I'm getting my hoodie!

anonymousnupe said...

Don't worry, Boo. I'll be yo Huckleberry.

This Girl said...

He's obviously insane. You might want to hide.

I want to know his long name if his short name is Darnell.

Tania Rochelle said...

It was safer when he was in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

Can you talk about Mr. Moonlight?

Laydia said...

Ha!! You know I feel your pain!!! Dear God I feel your pain lol.