Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Rap Up - Going Natural

Earlier this week I told you all that I am now starting my natural hair journey. I will be no longer relaxing my hair. I've received mixed reviews; some people say DON'T DO IT, while others are excited about the change. Me, I'm excited. I found an old picture of me at one of my birthday parties (pre-relaxer) and my hair was absolutely gorgeous. It had more of a wave pattern than a curl and it just flowed all the way down my back. The picture is pretty dark so I'll have to try to lighten it up in Photoshop or something and I'll post it on here for y'all to see.

Anyway, hopefully those of you who see me on a regular basis will excuse my upcoming trip to NappyLand and embrace the new hairstyles I will be trying. Laughing and pointing is not acceptable (applauding, however, is).

Get Nappy y'all!

8 comments:

anonymousnupe said...

Scrappy, Happy and Nappy!!!! If you can't stand the naps, get outta the kitchen! Go Tracie!

Laydia said...

Honey you could walk around with a racing stripe shaved down the middle of your head and you'd still be beautiful. Some beauty just can't be hidden, lost, or altered and you honey have it in spades. If I was a dude, I'd still hit. I kid! I kid!! Lol!!!

Anonymous said...

Free your naps and the rest will follow!

EmpressMommie said...

i say do u boo!!! i am so excited!

EmpressRi said...

girl, come to nappturality, you'll be glad that you did

nappturality.com

John "JP" Pickens said...

as a nappy person, the journey is part of the joy suga. get to clippin Lex.

Naturally Natasha said...

congrats on your decision to go natural.

Anthony said...

Yo, that joint was hi-larious! If the Graphic Arts thing doesn't work out, you have a very promising career ghost-writing rhymes.