Sunday, August 5, 2007

I told the truth.

In my email to Kuperminc I told her why I missed class. I always try to be upfront. There's no reason to make up wild stories about death and diseases, so I emailed her and told her I didn't come to class because I hadn't completed all of the work.

Here's her reply:

Hi Tracie:
Thanks for your message. I understand how you feel, but in the future, please do NOT miss class, even if you feel like you have not gotten enough done. Part of the purpose of class is to get you UNSTUCK, so you are doing yourself a disservice when you skip. I look forward to seeing you this week.
take care,
Melissa


I feel what she's saying, the class could've helped me get more ideas so that I could've gone further with the poster for next time even though I didn't do anything with it. I think we've all been in a place where you just feel so unprepared that you'd just rather fake sick or have somebody "die" to save face. It's a sad truth and maybe something I need to work on. Fellow PC students, let's all try to work on this for the remainder of our PC careers. If nothing else, we'll all develop a really thick skin (for those of us who haven't already).

I won't miss anymore classes Melissa!!!! I promise!

12 comments:

mer said...

I am really proud of you. It takes a big person to admit they made a mistake. I wish more PC students were like you.

minus five said...

you're a better person than me. i would have lied my ass off. i'm sure she respects you for having told her the truth. it's not like teachers really believe our excuses anyway.

Tracie Mae said...

Mer I wish everyone was like me, the world would be fabulous and funny!

And Minus Five, I might have lied if I were in jeapordy of being expelled like back in high school or something, but at PC I just don't think it's worth the effort to lie. And I'm not that great at it either.

Anonymous said...

It's good that you emailed her. I wonder if she already knew?

mer said...

Go check out my blog. I posted a link to the best interview ever. You will love it!

Tania Rochelle said...

Tracie, I'll try to be more like you.

Ty said...

Yeah, me too. I wanna be like you Tracie, because that means I can be more like Beyonce. Two dreams. One person. Smart, huh, huh?

Jaime said...

Tracie, there were so many days i wanted to (and one day that i did) to not show up to sylvia's class 1st quarter. Major props to you for having guts and always looking for challenges!

Lynn said...

Tracie, I totally pulled a you today... um, well not exactly... but I had to skip Photog cuz I'm behind on my work for Ann... AARGH!!! I hate doing that, but I gotta get through this stuff today since I missed being here last week. and I totally know the "You don't belong here" eyes... not cute!

kuh reel yuh said...

you don't think i've ever given you "the eyes" have you??! that's hilarious though; i've seen that face before and i'm a designer. what does THAT mean?? uh oh…

and uh, i'm starting to get offended! i've asked if you needed help hun! lemme know damnit! let's work together.

Some Guy said...

You told the truth AND still avoided sitting through that class. Kudos.

mer said...

I have a new blog name

http://www.merinthecity.blogspot.com/