Monday, August 20, 2007

The Finale

Diddy is about to do it again; tonight he'll finally reveal the next band. Diddy (Puff Daddy, Puffy, P. Diddy, Puff the Magic Dragon...whatever) overtook Making the Band in season 2 (season one was that group O-town) and so far not one of the bands have really been "all that."

Da Band was the first product of Diddy's and the show was fabulous with mad ghetto drama and fights every week, but the music was not hot (remember Dylan? No, remember Dave Chapelle's Da Band skit?). I always thought Chopper was the hottest, but I may have been biased because of my close ties to New Orleans (I went to college an hour and a half away at Southern Miss) and my love of the New Orleans music scene. Da Band has disbanded (fortunately), last I heard.
Danity Kane was last season's product and I'm not ashamed to say that I bought the album. That song "Sleep on it" I heard them record on the show forced me to go grab the album. And I enjoy the album, still, on occasion. But, I like really stupid songs and lyrics (I think they're funny). I love singers like R. Kelly, TPain, and Nivea...just because the song lyrics are really crazy. But I digress. Dawn was, and still is, my favorite member of DK. She is hella talented, dances her butt off, and hmmmm, she's from New Orleans. Go fig. Danity Kane is supposedly working on their second album although it's rumored that Aubrey is planning on leaving DK and joining the PCD (which I think is a really good match).

This band, though, is gonna be all men (some of whom are fiyyyyyyyyyyyne as hell too, well just one really).
Here are my picks for the band:

1. Willy (from Chicago, he's the fiyyyyyne one)

2. Donny (they gotta let the only white dude in, plus he's the soprano)

3. DeAngelo (this dude be sangin, and I think he'd look good on an album cover)

4. Robert (although his girlfriend is mad drama, he can saaaang)

You can go here to look at the entire list of contenders for Making the Band 4.
I don't know if he'll be picking 4 or 5 guys, but I'll just stick with these four for right now. And I wonder what the band's name will be? So far the other bands' names have all been hella dumb (ie - Da Band). Hopefully these guys can come up with something clever and sexy. We'll see.

On a side note, Mondays are jammed packed with good TV: The Hills (MTV), Weeds (Showtime), Making the Band 4 (MTV), Big Love (HBO), and this new show Californication (Showtime) that I'm trying to get into. I love the fall TV season (and there's so much more still to come, YES!). Goooo TV!

5 comments:

T. Budnik said...

I loved the first season of Making the Band! Those O-Town guys were hilarious. My sister and I watched it religiously and enjoyed every moment of boy-drama.

I kinda want to watch Man Band, but haven't caught it yet.

-T.

biggy said...

What I don't get is that P-diddy puffy poo hasn't been relevant in the hip/hop scene for several years. I think he peaked as producer of Ready to Die, by the one and only Notorius B.I.G. What was the last good song he was involved wth?

Tracie Mae said...

I know rieeeeeeeght!

He has an album out right now called Press Play. I'm not a fan of his rapping ability, but he thinks he's the shiznit (as always).

He had that song with Keyshia Cole recently where he was kind of singing; it's called Last Night.

Keyshia's part was great.

Laydia said...

I think I'm the only one who doesn't want Robert ANYWHERE near my group!! I know he can sang and er'thang, but I can't stand looking at him!! And the whole girlfriend thing aint help lol.

Tracie Mae said...

But Mahogany, Robert got some good hair though.

You gotta give credit.

He must got some "engine" in his family (that's how mississippi people say Indian, HA!)

His girl June sounded like a dude right? He might be a little suspect.